My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Monday, November 06, 2006

EDUC3325 - Week Nine Reflections

Wow, time is definitely "flying by" this semester - and as usual I'm finding it difficult to keep up with my weekly reflections. The focus of our EDUC3325 course this week was on Computer Mediated Communications (CMC) and the WebQuest assignment.

With regards to CMC we had a wonderful Elluminate chat with Dr. Debra Hoven in Australia. The students really enjoyed viewing her pictures of Australia and learning more about the WebQuests that her graduate students had created. Unfortunately, I was the only one who had audio contact with Debra - the students just had text chat access - so after about an hour - the students got pretty restless.

In other news, I "shifted" our EDUC3325 course wiki from Google Docs to seedwiki.org. The reason for the change was that students were forgetting their passwords to access and edit the wiki on Google Docs. Seedwiki is "wide open" access - which I think is probably easier for them. Time will tell?

Next week I'm off to New York to visit my sister Christy and then onto Washington, DC for the International Society for Teaching & Learning (ISSOTL) conference. I'll be away from class but try and use this Blog to "keep connected" and record my notes from the conference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home