My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Canadian Society for the Studies in Education (CSSE) Annual Conference - Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario


The Canadian Society for Studies in Education (CSSE) annual conference will be my last "road trip" for the 2008 to 2009 academic year - yahoo!!

Wonderful to be back in Ottawa again and the weather has been incredible!!

I began with a pre-conference meeting for the Technology and Teacher Education (TATE) special interest group. We spent some time sharing resources together and then had a nice dinner at Maxwell's restaurant on Elgin street in Ottawa. TATE has created the following spaces for sharing resources and ideas:

TATE Blog
Username - itcommons
Password - tate-csse

TATE Twitter Area

Once again, I've put together a set of notes for the conference sessions I attended and I've also posted a few pictures of our Mount Royal Education & Schooling gang. Jodi and I ran in a 10km run on Saturday night and Jim Zimmer and I presented our Student Engagement and Interactive Technologies session on Monday morning. Neat to see that Mount Royal has also posted a brief story about our research to the institutional web site. I also was part of a panel session on the use of Wikis in Canadian Pre-Service Teacher Education Programs.

The conference was a great way for our Department to spend some time together, outside of Mount Royal, and I think that everyone in the group enjoyed Ottawa and the CSSE experience!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home