My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Monday, November 13, 2006

EDUC3325 - Week Ten Reflections

This past week has been an "experiment" for both myself and my EDUC3325 students. I was away the entire week - visiting my sister in New York and attending the International Society for Teaching & Learning (ISSOTL) conference in Washington, DC. Meanwhile the students were working on their WebQuest group projects. I'll be curious to see how the "group process" evolved while I was away - as the projects are due this coming Wednesday November. On a positive note - I already have the URL for 3 of the projects :)

In terms of my "professional development" week - I had a wonderful time visiting my sister and her husband in New York. All the family came along and we had amazing weather in both New York and Washington. If you are interested you can take a "peak" at our photo gallery from the trip.

The ISSOTL conferenc was a VERY rich experience for me!! You can visit the Virtual ISSOTL conference blog to read the synthesizer reports for each of the sessions. And, I took some pretty detailed notes from the sessions that I attended. I also created a summary of my key "take away" themes and resources from the conference. The themes included:
  1. Course portfolios
  2. Course redesign
  3. SoTL
  4. Decentralized-centralized distributed models of faculty development
  5. Student engagement
  6. Evaluation/research approaches
  7. Learning sciences
  8. Web-based learning tools

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home