My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sunday, November 10, 2013

King's University College, University of Western Ontario, November 2013



Links to pictures

I was invited by Samantha Pearson to travel to King's University College in London, Ontario to be part of a Technology and Pedagogy (TaPs) Conference that she had organized.  Sam had been an online graduate student in my blended learning course during the winter 2013 semester and it was a pleasure to finally meet her in person.

I was really struck by the beauty and the hospitality of the people in London, Ontario.  I had no idea that Western was such a large university with separate religious colleges and a very beautiful campus. For the TaPs conference, I facilitated a keynote session on student engagement and blended learning and then in the afternoon I conducted my usual workshop on Designing for inquiry through blended learning approach.

I stayed on in London for the weekend and had lunch with my Aunt Catherine (my father's older sister) and  then attended a Western football game and had dinner with Phil Walsh (my room mate and best-man from Queens).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home