My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Fall 2007 Semester - First Posting

Hmnn . . .

I only seem to post to this blog when I'm teaching a course. I wonder what that says about my ability to be a reflective practionner?

First up - we had a great summer as finally Marie was able to join us for a family holiday. We drove east to Ontario and New York State. We had a wonderful time exploring upstate New York with sister Christy and her husband and our time at the cottage in Ontario was very special. We actually managed to build a tree house in the olde oak tree down by the dock. We made sure that we took lots of photos to capture our memories.

The fall 2007 semester has begun on a positive note and I'm VERY excited to be back teaching full time. I've got three classes at Mount Royal College - 2 sections of the EDUC3325: The Role of Technology in Education course and 1 section of the EDUC2231: Introduction to Teaching: Theory course. And, I'm "quarterbacking" an online version of the graduate course in blended learning (EDER679.20) for the University of Calgary.

Wonderful to observe the connections and networks that are developing between the 4 courses (one of the alumni graduate students in the blended learning course is also supervising a volunteer school placement for one of the students in my introduction to teaching course :)

Let the blogging begin!!!!!!!!!

Norm

1 Comments:

Blogger Smfdoc said...

Norm, what a nice report. I agree with much of what you said, but I think access to asynchronus tools holds back those with limited budgets or stubborn administrators. Let me refer you to a free solution for those with access problems. MyiCourse.com allows free creation of an online site, just like Blogger does. Each site owner can then create courses, tests and transcripts. The courses can be free or monitized. The sites can be public or private. Come check this out and join those who want to control their own asynchronus learning management system.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home