My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

American Educational Research Association Conference: New Orleans - April 2011


Hmnn, almost two months since I caught the initial cold it was time to head out for the American Educational Research Association (AERA) annual conference in New Orleans. Thankfully, I think I'm finally getting better - but this really reminds me of the time I developed a viral infection in K-country when the boys were young and I was pulling them both in the Burly behind my bike - scary stuff as it took me months to recover from that virus (at one point - I actually thought I had chronic fatigue syndrome based on the symptoms)!! The conference was a wonderful experience (a bit like a "coming out of the fog" party). Our Triad session (Jim Zimmer, Todd Nickle, and jim Silovs) on Moving to their own beat: Exploring how students use digital technologies to support group work, outside of the classroom was well received. We had a great time exploring City, which was also hosting a French Quarter Music Festival and I finally started to take some pictures and videos again to capture the conference experience. Jodi and I got lots of ideas for our planning and evaluating our new B.Ed. Program and I made sure that I took LOTS of notes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home